What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is it possible to run another webpage with PRTG integrated web server?

Votes:

Hello,

I want to install PRTG on a dedicated server and besides it I want to run a webpage on the same server but on different port.

Is it possible to integrate the webpage with the PRTG webserver, so I could run both on same webserver but different ports?

Thank you very much!

ports prtg webserver

Created on Jul 22, 2019 8:31:08 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

You can run any webserver next to PRTG's as long as the ports do not overlap. If you use PRTG with HTTPs, then PRTG uses both port 443 and port 80 (to redirect requests coming in via "http").

Best regards.

Created on Jul 22, 2019 10:43:58 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

I already tried to run another webserver besides PRTG. I installed wamp server for my webpage.

But is there a possibily to not isntall wamp and run my webpage with help of PRTG own webserver?

Thank you!

Created on Jul 22, 2019 11:46:11 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Please note that PRTG's webserver is only able to read PRTG's file (they are cached at the start). The webserver is also not a generic webserver like IIS, Nginx or Apache - therefore it won't work that easily.

Best regards.

Created on Jul 22, 2019 2:52:11 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.