What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cisco PoE Consumption

Votes:

Has anyone had any success with building a library from the Cisco PoE/Power MIBs at all to monitor the total device power consumption (e.g. sh power inline) on 3560 PoE switches and 1941 routers with a 8 port PoE EHWIC?

cisco poe snmp

Created on Jul 28, 2019 7:45:50 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

If I'm not mistaken, you're looking for the following:

OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.414.1.1.3.1.2
DescriptionThis is the electrical power consummed by the device operating at this supported power consumption level.
UnitMilliwatts

Not too sure about show power inline matching with that one, as it might just be the overall status, not the per-port current power usage...

Created on Jul 29, 2019 10:11:38 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That OID reports "NULL2" unfortunately.

Created on Aug 3, 2019 6:27:54 AM

Votes:

That was the only one I found, unfortunately :( I assume that you already found and tried this MIB?

Created on Aug 5, 2019 7:01:22 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.