What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG SQL query chosen as deadlock victim?

Votes:

I have a sensor set to do a simple SQL query. During a particular timeframe, there seems to be a conflict with other SQL jobs running on the database server. My sensor query is often chosen as the deadlock victim during that time, resulting in an alert. I already have it set to go to Warning on the first occurrence and then Down on a subsequent one. Is there a way for me to set the sensor to ignore the failure due to deadlock and not alert if my SQL query is the deadlock victim?

deadlock-event prtg sql

Created on Jul 29, 2019 3:04:49 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your post!

Please note that it's not possible to ignore this error message since it comes directly from PRTG and not from the target device.
As an alternative, if you know at what time the other jobs are running, you can define a schedule for the corresponding Sensor. A schedule pauses the Sensor for certain periods of time, so the Sensor only scans when no other job is running.

Best Regards,
Moritz Heller
Paessler Support Team

Created on Jul 30, 2019 6:45:01 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.