What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I reset all the dependencies?

Votes:

The dependencies on my installation have become a bit of a mess, so I would like to start again.

How can I reset the dependencies back to factory fresh?

dependencies prtg reset

Created on Aug 5, 2019 12:42:58 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

You can use the following script, which makes use of PRTGapi:
https://gist.github.com/stephanlinke/e2a5374568d6e3ff942fb1b696e7d5e5

After installing the PRTGapi module, you'll need to modify the following lines:

# Line 6
$PRTGServer = "your.prtg.server.com"
# Line 32
$Sensors = (Get-Sensor)
[...]
# Line 41
dependencytype_ = 0

The script will make a backup of your configuration and should reset the dependencies. The default script will actually set the ping Sensors within your PRTG to be the master dependency object for their corresponding object. You might want to execute it afterwards.

Created on Aug 6, 2019 1:00:22 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks that's worked perfectly, at least it did once I re-ran it against "Get-Device" so that it also reset the device dependencies.

Created on Aug 7, 2019 11:46:05 AM

Votes:

Nice, glad it didn't break anything :)

Created on Aug 7, 2019 12:12:39 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.