What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Devices dependencies.

Votes:

Hi we monitor alot of different sites and many equipments.

we're looking to make this kind of monitoring :

if the router goes down we want to only receive email for this device. and if other devices behind this router are down we want to have an email for each one.

so i set dependencies for each devices behind this device on the ping of the router.

my problem is when the router comeback all the equipments are pause by dependencies and wont resume. even if i try to resume it manually it doesnt. the only way is to change dependency and put it back to inherit on each devices.

dependencies dependency dependency-on-ping devices monitor-many-devices

Created on Aug 5, 2019 8:05:56 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

This is a known issue which will be fixed with PRTG 19.x.51 - please bear with us, it'll be available within the next two weeks :)

Created on Aug 6, 2019 1:03:42 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.