What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

User who have full access can't view the map

Votes:

We recently started seeing this issue. We have a multiple maps in our PRTG. There is a group that has full access. But one particular map, when I tried to access, I get "Error (bad Request). Sorry, your user account is not allowed to access this information". Even though it has full access. Other maps, same setting, I can access without any issue. Only one map I get this error. I compared the setting with other maps, there is no difference.

access-rights maps prtg

Created on Aug 9, 2019 9:00:43 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

This is a known bug that we have in the current version. Please look for the fix in the next stable release of PRTG.

Apologies for any inconvenience this is causing you and your staff.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Aug 10, 2019 2:47:12 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Thanks for the respond. Our Currently Installed Version - 19.2.49.2018+. Do I need to upgrade to version 19.2.50.2842 to solve the issue?

Created on Aug 12, 2019 1:53:48 PM

Votes:

Hello,

Yes, please try updating to this version, and let me know if it continues to stick around.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Aug 12, 2019 6:11:50 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hello,

I did the upgrade and the current version now is 19.2.50.2842. But the issue is still there. I cloned the map to test the access, it didn't work. Not sure what else need to be checked. All the maps are accessible accept one, which they all have the same permission. Thanks

Created on Aug 27, 2019 7:01:56 PM

Votes:

Is it possible that there's a Custom HTML object on the map that uses javascript or anything like that? Or another custom map object? I'd remove the objects one by one in the editor and see when the error vanishes. I've had that issue with another customer and it was a faulty custom element with missing closing tags if I recall correctly.

Created on Aug 28, 2019 1:53:28 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.