What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to reset inheritance in all device tree sub-levels

Votes:

Hello,

Is there a way to reset inheritance to all sub-levels of my device tree? Basically what I need is that in all levels it is set to "Inherit from above"

If that's not possible, maybe there is a way to somehow get a list of devices and sensors whose value on Access rights != "inherit from above"

access-rights inherit inheritance

Created on Aug 12, 2019 6:03:01 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

You could use "Devices | Device List" as a starting point and then use Multi-Edit to re-enable inheritance to the desired settings.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Aug 12, 2019 2:46:09 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Never mind, I found that there is check box called "Revert children's access rights to inherited" under Access rights. That does the job, I don't know how I didn't see it before.

Created on Aug 20, 2019 9:04:00 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Yes, you are absolutely right and apologies, it appears I've totally overlooked that you were aiming at access rights, so sorry about that.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Aug 20, 2019 9:11:57 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for your effort nevertheless!

Created on Aug 20, 2019 10:10:44 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.