New Question

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use.
Easy to manage.

300.000 administrators have chosen PRTG to monitor their network. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free PRTG
Download >>

What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general. You are invited to get involved by asking and answering questions!

Learn more

Top Tags

View all Tags

When will PRTG support SAML/OAuth authentication?

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

While I like having Active Directory authentication enabled, for security this means I cannot expose my PRTG instance to the internet.

When will PRTG support using OAuth or SAML authentication so I can use AzureAD which already supports MFA for all my users?

azuread oauth saml

Created on Aug 21, 2019 4:01:59 AM by  CBVista (2) 1

5 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

Hi there,

Thank you for your post.

We are aware that many of our users want MFA/SSO. This topic is already part of our roadmap (https://www.paessler.com/prtg/roadmap ->"Azure AD authentication" and "Further authentication options").

I kindly ask for your understanding that I cannot give you any further information about when this will be implemented.

It's very helpful for us to understand the needs of our customers, I kindly ask you to participate in our authentication survey you'll find when unfolding the mentioned topics within the roadmap.

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards,
Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

[email protected]

Created on Aug 21, 2019 11:10:28 AM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

Thanks for the link to the roadmap. I wasn’t aware it existed. Excellent to see this request is already on the roadmap.

Created on Aug 21, 2019 11:16:32 AM by  CBVista (2) 1

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

Hello,

Is there any update regarding when Azure AD support will be available? All our other services are now using SAML against Azure AD which means PRTG is really expensive for us to keep using because we need to keep running domain controllers for PRTG to authenticate against, and it's insecure to have exposed to the internet because there is no 2FA/MFA. SAML support solves both these problems.

SAML is really easy to implement, please give your developers a push!

Scott

Created on Jul 7, 2020 1:06:58 AM by  smpettit (0)

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

Hi there,

We're actively working on this feature. At the moment we're planning a release roughly with version x.62 for SSO over Azure AD which also enables the use of MFA.

I'm afraid I don't have a release date for this version yet, the current version is x.60.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

[email protected]

Created on Jul 7, 2020 8:20:26 PM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

Glad to see that feature is in work! Making plans to push for a monitoring solution for my org and Azure AD would be a valuable feature for us when comparing platforms.

Created on Jul 31, 2020 1:50:38 PM by  dcorriga (0)

Please log in or register to enter your reply.

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.