What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

When will PRTG support SAML/OAuth authentication?

Votes:

While I like having Active Directory authentication enabled, for security this means I cannot expose my PRTG instance to the internet.

When will PRTG support using OAuth or SAML authentication so I can use AzureAD which already supports MFA for all my users?

azuread oauth saml

Created on Aug 21, 2019 4:01:59 AM

14 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi there,

Thank you for your post.

We are aware that many of our users want MFA/SSO. This topic is already part of our roadmap (https://www.paessler.com/prtg/roadmap ->"Azure AD authentication" and "Further authentication options").

I kindly ask for your understanding that I cannot give you any further information about when this will be implemented.

It's very helpful for us to understand the needs of our customers, I kindly ask you to participate in our authentication survey you'll find when unfolding the mentioned topics within the roadmap.

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards,
Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

[email protected]

Created on Aug 21, 2019 11:10:28 AM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the link to the roadmap. I wasn’t aware it existed. Excellent to see this request is already on the roadmap.

Created on Aug 21, 2019 11:16:32 AM

Votes:

Hello,

Is there any update regarding when Azure AD support will be available? All our other services are now using SAML against Azure AD which means PRTG is really expensive for us to keep using because we need to keep running domain controllers for PRTG to authenticate against, and it's insecure to have exposed to the internet because there is no 2FA/MFA. SAML support solves both these problems.

SAML is really easy to implement, please give your developers a push!

Scott

Created on Jul 7, 2020 1:06:58 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

We're actively working on this feature. At the moment we're planning a release roughly with version x.62 for SSO over Azure AD which also enables the use of MFA.

I'm afraid I don't have a release date for this version yet, the current version is x.60.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

[email protected]

Created on Jul 7, 2020 8:20:26 PM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Glad to see that feature is in work! Making plans to push for a monitoring solution for my org and Azure AD would be a valuable feature for us when comparing platforms.

Created on Jul 31, 2020 1:50:38 PM

Votes:

Hi Guys,

I am also very excited about this feature, please tell me that its been released, this way I can always be on my A Game and know whats happening.

What would also be even more awesome is if somehow, access control to the app instance can only be allowed on or somehow controlled via my Azure Intune MDM for mobile devices

Thanks

Created on Nov 13, 2020 3:56:17 AM

Votes:

news about this feature Mr. Gütnher?

Created on Jan 6, 2021 9:06:39 PM

Votes:

Hello everyone,

The currently planned version that will include the SSO / MFA feature for Azure AD is PRTG 21.x.62. As delays and unforeseeable actions can take place anytime, I'd recommend to have a close look at our Release Notes for further information.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Jan 7, 2021 1:07:34 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Any idea if this is coming to cloud PRTG as well or is it only coming to on-prem PRTG?

Created on Jan 27, 2021 12:44:46 AM

Votes:

For the moment, we are implementing this for on-premise solutions. This might change in future but I can't be more specific here at present.

Created on Jan 27, 2021 6:31:45 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sebastian,

Do you have any update on SSO with Azure AD as 21.1.65 is out but I don't see it there or in any of the preview releases. We're really keen to get this in place so we can move off using LDAP authentication.

Created on Mar 3, 2021 8:31:20 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

All I can say is that it's currently being implemented. We know that many of you would love to see this feature rather now than later, but it's a tremendous work load and big enhancement to what PRTG currently offers, so I expect it to take another couple of versions from now.

Please bear with us for the time being.
Sebasitan

Created on Mar 4, 2021 12:34:34 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi PRTG-Support, has it been removed from Roadmap or is it implemented and I didn't noticed?

Regards, Sebastian

Created on Jul 12, 2021 8:47:09 AM

Votes:

Hello,

currently SSO is available for AzureAD. For the foreseeable future, we work on other features than additional SO options.

Created on Jul 12, 2021 1:31:09 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.