What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disable RSS news stream

Votes:

Hello all

I use PRTG v. 19.2.50.2842 in an offline environment (no internet) and every few minutes an annoying window pops up with a message: Socket Error #11002. When it pops up, PRTG freezes until I close it and it's very hard to work like this. Recently I found out that this error occurs because of the RSS stream cannot get data from the internet. In left bottom corner I see a message "could not get news stream RSS". My question is how can I disable RSS streams or prevent from PRTG accessing internet. Thank you for your support.

Michael.

no-internet rss-feed socket-error

Created on Aug 27, 2019 6:00:16 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi miller84,

Thank you for your post.

Please open the PRTG Interface in a private tab of your browser and check if the issue reoccurs.

Best regards,
Moritz Heller
Paessler Support Team

Created on Aug 27, 2019 8:05:26 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for your reply. When I use PRTG in a browser I seems to be ok, but I prefer to use the console, it's much more convenient. Is there any solution for the console?

Thanks! Michael.

Created on Aug 29, 2019 5:43:30 AM

Votes:

Hi miller84,

Please note that the Enterprise Console is deprecated and therefore, I strongly recommend to install the PRTG Desktop App. This new software replaces the Enterprise Console. In addition, the new version of this app has a "classic" view if the new view doesn't suit you. To configure the "Classic" view, simply navigate to "File > Settings > Updates & Theme" in the Desktop App.

Best Regards,
Moritz Heller
Paessler Support Team

Created on Aug 29, 2019 9:00:15 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok thank you. This will be good enough.

Created on Sep 4, 2019 3:41:44 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.