What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Reporting on Uptime

Votes:

I need to report on the uptime of some devices, I'm happy to use a Ping Sensor as the indicator sensor. But all I see is downtime, and I want the uptime, I know its a simple calculation but I'd like to be able to run a report with the devices I want to measure against our SLA and just get the data. How do I do that ?

On a separate question, are there any plans to add an SLA value to a device so you could automatically measure uptime against your SLA?

ping reports sla

Created on Sep 3, 2019 2:50:00 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, this is not possible in PRTG. Reports in PRTG show the Uptime for each Sensor separately in the header (where also the sensor name and Sensor type are defined). If you need a more detailed SLA monitoring, I recommend to use the SLA-Plugin from our partner "CORP IT"

Note: The SLA Plugin from Corp IT has been deprecated. If you would like to explore enhanced SLA reporting options, check out the PRTG SLA Reporter, a PRTG extension. A free trial is available from the Paessler website.

Best Regards,
Moritz Heller
Paessler Tech Support

Created on Sep 4, 2019 8:12:30 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 1, 2024 5:08:04 PM by  Jacqueline Conforti [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.