What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WMI EventLog to display actual event

Votes:

Hello

I have recently made a sensor for Application Error Events.

1. I edited the threshold for "Upper Warning Limit" to be greater than .01 #/s
  2. I set "When New Records channel is Above 0.01 /second for at least 1 seconds" to send an email to the specified group.

Which works and triggers an email. BUT, I need to the "Last Message" displayed on the email to be the actual event that was logged and that triggered the notification. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you, Evan

api eventlog wmi

Created on Sep 4, 2019 11:34:20 PM

Last change on Sep 5, 2019 4:35:48 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Evan,

Thank you for your post!

You can define which information is sent in the corresponding notification template. This is defined in the "Subject" or "Format" field of "Send Email". If you want the information to be in the body of your email, you must select "Format > Text with custom content". In this case, you can simply add the placeholder "%message" to the body. The same placeholder is used in the subject.

Best Regards,
Moritz Heller
Paessler Tech Support

Created on Sep 5, 2019 10:27:03 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for your reply. That didn’t work unfortunately. I still get this.

1. ffcb05 0.02 #/s (New Records) is above the warning limit of 0 #/s in New Records Application_Error_EvenLog (Event Log (Windows API))

Still not displaying the actually event log message. Just that there is a “New Record”. I need to know the actually event that happened. Is that possible?

Created on Sep 6, 2019 2:26:44 AM

Votes:

Hi Evan,

Please note that the "message" of the Sensor is displayed directly under the Sensor name. If this is not the actual event, then this is not possible.

Created on Sep 6, 2019 10:54:13 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.