What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Gauge with 2 channels combined

Votes:

I'm busy with monitoring licenses from Office 365 which works pretty good but now I want to show this on a decent way on a map. This is something I have problems with. I can hide some channels in the sensor so I only see the channels I want (total and free licenses) but on the map I can't get it the way I want it.

My table looks like

Channel             Last Value
---------------------------------
Free licenses       15
Total licenses      100

I have this table for several sensors, for each product 1 sensor with 2 channels.

1. I want to see a gauge with the free licenses shown as well as the used licenses. So for example 100 licenses and 15 free will show a small piece of the gauge (15) in green and the rest (85) red.
  1. One table with the data of several sensors like above (each with 2 channels), I tried this with a factory sensor but I don't get any data. I configured the factory sensor with a channel definition like:
#1:Project Total
channel (8667,6)
#2:Project Free
channel (8667,5)
#3:E3 Total
channel (8668,6)
#4:E3 Free
channel (8668,5)

channel-gauges custom-sensor map-editor

Created on Sep 6, 2019 1:07:11 PM

Last change on Sep 9, 2019 6:28:18 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

The Sensor Factory Sensor should actually work like this, could you remove the whitespace between channel and (?

Created on Sep 9, 2019 6:29:23 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.