What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

.net version in system info...

Votes:

Hey, we have several probes, and in the system info we see a .net version displayed. ... Last Data: 13/09/2019 13:31:21 (0 sec ago) (Romance Standard Time) .NET Framework Support: Installed: 4.7.03062 ...

The only thing i found is that this number corresponds to the 4.7.2 version of .net (the one required for the latest version of prtg).

Is this correct?

Rgds Benny

net-framework prtg remote-probe

Created on Sep 13, 2019 11:42:19 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

The minimum required version is .Net Framework 4.7.2. You can see what each probe has currently installed under "Setup > PRTG Status" by scrolling down and checking "Probes" on the right side.

Best regards.

Created on Sep 13, 2019 12:14:03 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hey, that's exactly what i did. But if a look a https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed

I see there that i need to go to the registry, what i did. I took one probe where in the status is stated 4.7.03062. I look at registry and found there release 461814.

if i look at the doc of microsoft this is stated as version 4.7.2..

so hence my confusion. If in the PRTG status is stated: .NET Framework Support: Installed: 4.7.03062, this means then that 4.7.2 is installed or not? Because in the registry is stated 461818 and this is 4.7.2

Rgds Benny

Created on Sep 13, 2019 12:24:05 PM

Votes:

Hi Benny,

When PRTG writes that 4.7.2 is installed, then 4.7.2 is installed. If the text is bold and it tells you that at least 4.7.2 is required, then no, 4.7.2 is not installed. We actually check the registry as well. Please note that the new .Net Version is only detected after a restart - should you have updated while the probe is running.

Best regards.

Created on Sep 13, 2019 12:59:40 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.