What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Mass Update Channel Settings for all SNMP Traffic Sensors for a device

Votes:

Hello,

I am looking to set some channel warning and error thresholds for all traffic sensors on our Core Switch. I specifically want to set error and warning thresholds for Multicast IN and Broadcast IN, to try and track down the source of some periodic short lived storms in our environment. Is it possible to do this for all sensors as the same time rather than manually configuring each of our 100+ sensors?

broadcast-in channel-settings multicast-in snmp-traffic

Created on Sep 19, 2019 12:39:40 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi thedude78,

Thank you for the post.

You can define a threshold trigger on device level. However, on this level you can only choose the "Total" or "Primary" Channel. Therefore, I recommend to set limits for the required Channels and then use a state trigger. If you want to use this option, you can set the limits via the Multi Edit Feature of PRTG. Simply select every required SNMP Traffic Sensor and set the limit. Afterwards, you can create a state trigger on device level. This trigger will be inherited to every Sensor added to the device.

Created on Sep 19, 2019 1:46:50 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.