What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I find ip address ?

Votes:

Hi,

I wanna find an ip address for a device added by auto-discovery. I tried to find this address from every available tab but without success. I have 2 sensors on this device PING and HTTP added by auto-discovery. Can you help me with that ?

Ty,

dnsname ipaddress prtg

Created on Oct 3, 2019 11:17:03 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

You can use the search in the upper right corner to find devices and IP addresses. Have you tried that?

Best regards

Created on Oct 3, 2019 12:20:01 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I find that device, I`m there, on it. I see some informations. At "DNS/IP" is device name but I can`t find any ip address. In Device section are more information like sensors, logs, status etc. All works great. But I wanna find the ip address for that device.

Ty.

Created on Oct 3, 2019 12:52:35 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Please head to the device and click the "Settings"-Tab. There you can see the connection address configured, rather it is the IP or DNS Name.

Best regards.

Created on Oct 3, 2019 1:02:06 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.