What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to get probe status with API ?

Votes:

Hello, I'm trying to extract probes status by API call

/api/table.json?content=probes&columns=objid,status&filter_parentid=0

But the result always showing that the probes are all up even if i'm sure i have 2 probes disconnected

{ prtg-version: "18.1.37.13946", treesize: 7, probes: [ { objid: 1, status: "Up", status_raw: 3 }, { objid: 10588, status: "Up", status_raw: 3 }, { objid: 2056, status: "Up", status_raw: 3 }, { objid: 5537, status: "Up", status_raw: 3 }, { objid: 6226, status: "Up", status_raw: 3 }, { objid: 7881, status: "Up", status_raw: 3 }, { objid: 9834, status: "Up", status_raw: 3 } ] }

Can you please tell me what i'm doing wrong ?

api disconnected probe status

Created on Oct 7, 2019 3:35:55 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi anass,

Within the context of devices, groups and probes the "status" property refers to whether the object has been paused by flipping the Status setting on the Settings page of the object. In order to get the connected state of a probe you need to inspect the condition field

/api/table.json?content=probes&columns=objid,condition&filter_parentid=0

When looking at the condition_raw field, a condition of 0 means Disconnected, while 2 means Connected

Regards,

lordmilko

Created on Oct 8, 2019 9:44:49 PM

Votes:

Thanks for your answer, it works fine this time one last question, this parameter is not included in this list : https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/live_single_object_status

Is there any other documentation to check ?

Created on Oct 9, 2019 8:10:36 AM

Votes:

Dear anass,

the documentation describes the public part of the API. There are a number of undocumented parameters, which are not listed in any resources we provide.

One of the reasons is that when we work on PRTG, the API can change as well. We only document parts which we consider stable for a long time.

You can &filter_type=probenode to filter for probes, "content=probes" has no effect.

Created on Oct 9, 2019 3:19:13 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Oct 9, 2019 3:21:42 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.