What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

[OPEN] Feature-Request: native maps from libaries

Votes:

User Story

As a PRTG User, I want to create native maps from libaries without having to employ custom sensors.

Details of User Story

The general structure of our device tree is and needs to be based first upon the geographic locations and only second on device type(s). However, providing various maps for different device types in kiosk systems etc. would be extremely well received among the various stakeholders within the company and would greatly help showcase and emphasize the benefits of our PRTG implementation.

While I am aware of the possibility to work with customs sensors of one sort or another, the perceived ease of use among myself and my colleagues is slim to none.

Acceptance criteria

• Creation of maps from libraries, similar to creation of maps from (sub)sections of the device tree

Status

Open

add-feature libraries maps prtg-kbtracker

Created on Oct 11, 2019 10:44:38 AM

Last change on Oct 11, 2019 11:33:43 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.