What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Dependency for group of object

Votes:

Hi! We're having some network devices combined in group named "Network". Each one of this devices have a several sensors, including PING sensor. How can I configure all of my devices in this group so that this PING sensor was the Master for every device in group and other sensors were "Use parent" of ping sensor for this device. I configured like this for one device in group, but is there group setup for a several devices? The template or something

dependency group master

Created on Oct 16, 2019 9:53:38 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Ilya,

You can use the Multi Edit Feature to do this. In this way, you can manipulate the options of multiple objects at once (only the options which are available on every selected object).

Created on Oct 16, 2019 1:03:56 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Ilya,

Thank you for the post!

If you want to define a single Ping Sensor as the dependency target for multiple devices, please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to an affected device
  2. Switch to the "Settings" tab
  3. Disable the inheritance of "Schedules, Dependencies, and Maintenance Window"
  4. Under "Dependency Type" select "Select a Sensor"
  5. Select the required Ping Sensor

Created on Oct 16, 2019 11:29:36 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It's not exatcly the same,that I ment. We're not need to define single sensor for multiple devices, we're want to modify multiple devices with idential settings of "master" and "use parent" by one click.

Created on Oct 16, 2019 11:37:57 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Ilya,

You can use the Multi Edit Feature to do this. In this way, you can manipulate the options of multiple objects at once (only the options which are available on every selected object).

Created on Oct 16, 2019 1:03:56 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.