What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Execute program notification from remote probe

Votes:

Hello.

How to execute a script on a remote probe when the sensor is triggered? This functionality is already implemented?

execute-script notification remote-probe

Created on Oct 17, 2019 2:12:02 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi BabychAV,

You can execute programs (scripts) through the Execute Program option within a notification template. Each time the sensor triggers the notification, PRTG will execute the script.

Please note that the scripts are stored and executed on the PRTG Core Server. If the script should action something on the Remote Probe, it must be programmed and configured within the script itself.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Oct 18, 2019 7:42:39 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi. My probe is located on a remote site behind the firewall and I can't remotely execute the script from the Core server. Is PRTG planned to have such an opportunity in the new versions?

Created on Oct 21, 2019 9:03:38 AM

Votes:

Hello BabychAV,

I'm afraid there are no plans to implement that. The communication server part that handles notifications is located on the PRTG Core Server and it's highly unlikely that we see a change in near future.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Oct 22, 2019 7:07:04 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Sebastian

I understand, but I would hope that all the same, this option will be exercised, especially as many such possibility is required

Created on Oct 24, 2019 9:44:26 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.