What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

What is the format of an open query in the API?

Votes:

I'm trying to return object details for a specific device based upon probe name and ip. Supposedly there's an undocumented open filter thing that I can use, but I have no idea what the format would be. Any clues?

http-api integration prtg

Created on Oct 22, 2019 8:44:28 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your request.

When it comes to object details I would recommend checking out the API calls described in the Live Data tab of PRTG's API. What exactly do you want to query?

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Oct 24, 2019 9:27:23 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Last change on Oct 24, 2019 9:27:27 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm making calls to retrieve device and sensor data from device information obtained from other sources, so I don't have the objid. I figured out how to specifically grab a device based on IP and probe name, but if there's a list somewhere of each parameter I can filter for (like right now I'm trying to query for sensors based on device ID) that would be helpful.

Created on Oct 24, 2019 3:35:59 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

I figured out how to specifically grab a device based on IP and probe name

How do you do it?

Best

Created on Oct 25, 2019 10:38:39 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.