What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Test the absence of a folder

Votes:

Hi !

I would like to know if it's possible to test if a folder is absent (green state) or not (red state) ?

Thanks for your help

folder-sensor state windows

Created on Oct 23, 2019 10:31:44 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I'm afraid, it is not possible to configure the folder sensor like this. You can however use an additional Factory Sensor to accomplish this.

Kind Regards,
Timo Dambach
Paessler Tech Support

Created on Oct 24, 2019 9:10:13 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Yes, you can use our Folder Sensor for this.

Kind Regards,
Timo Dambach
Paessler Tech Support

Created on Oct 23, 2019 10:46:47 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok, that's the sensor we use, but is it possible to configure the sensor to display a green state when a folder IS NOT present, and red when it is ?

Thanks

Created on Oct 23, 2019 1:32:30 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I'm afraid, it is not possible to configure the folder sensor like this. You can however use an additional Factory Sensor to accomplish this.

Kind Regards,
Timo Dambach
Paessler Tech Support

Created on Oct 24, 2019 9:10:13 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It works !

Thanks for your help !

Created on Oct 24, 2019 10:24:26 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.