What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

DS3 Sensor getting an error

Votes:

i set up a sensor to monitor a DS3 interface on that is on a Cisco 3725 router but getting an error as the status.

error interface snmp

Created on Sep 7, 2010 6:33:27 PM

8 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

which exact error would that be? And which exact sensor did you added? Did the sensor worked in the first place?

Best Regards.

Created on Sep 7, 2010 6:36:54 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Under the sensors chart, the status column shows "error", that is all that I see. When I mouse over the sensor name, I see a pop up that says "no such instance". The sensor has never worked before. I have another DS3 interface sensor on a cisco router 2821 router that is not working either, same scenario and same errors.

Created on Sep 7, 2010 6:42:25 PM

Last change on Sep 7, 2010 6:51:21 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Did the sensor worked in the first place? Or was it red from the beginning?

Created on Sep 7, 2010 6:49:11 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

it has never worked, also in red from the beginning.

Created on Sep 7, 2010 6:51:05 PM

Votes:

How do I get to that screen? I am using the free-trial version, when I open up the console and expand the "All Sensors", i then right click the sensor in question and go to edit, I do not see any option for force anything.

Created on Sep 7, 2010 8:35:46 PM

Votes:

Could it be that you are using PRTG Traffic Grapher? Then please try to enable the same option under: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg_traffic_grapher/highcompatibilitymode.htm

Created on Sep 8, 2010 3:34:35 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I found the problem. For whatever reason, the sensor was picking up an interface that was not connected but labeled it 1/0 so interface 1/0 was listed twice: a non-connected interface which was the wrong one, and a connected interface which was the right one.

Created on Sep 8, 2010 3:58:06 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.