What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Hiding Probe Health (Probe Disconnected) in Maps

Votes:

Hi all,

I've run into a problem with a map. What I'm trying to accomplish is a map with all of my nodes on it. In our current situation, probe disconnections happen quite often, yet I do not want them to show up on my map instantly. Is there a way to delay the "Down" status for the Probe Disconnected so that it does not show up on my map as red until it is actually a problem?

disconnected down maps probe-health

Created on Oct 30, 2019 10:01:42 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to delay the down status of a Probe. The same goes for the "Probe Health" sensor, since as soon as the Probe disconnects the sensor goes down (showing: "Probe Disconnected (Disconnected)"). Other sensors can be first set to warning for up to 5 scanning intervals until they are set to down status, in the sensors "Settings" tab under "Scanning Interval".

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Oct 30, 2019 11:13:12 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sasa,

That's a shame, thanks for the quick help!

Created on Oct 30, 2019 11:44:59 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.