What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

External IP Address List of my Hosted Probe

Votes:

I want to be able to ping external IP addresses of our hosted devices and servers from the PRTG hosted probe to determine if the device is up and to also use say the HTTP or RDP probe to make sure services are available. However i need to add the IP addresses of the PRTG hosted probe to the ACLs for the given devices. is there a published list of the networks Passler uses for its hosted solution? Specifically can i get the IP addresses that my instance will use?

hosted ip prtg

Created on Oct 30, 2019 3:35:29 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

You can simply ping your PRTG instance to get the corresponding IP. This IP will usually not change. Since these are public IPs, we cannot provide you with a specific IP range.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Oct 30, 2019 5:21:19 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.