What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor Channel alerts customization

Votes:

Hello,

I have a question related to Sensor Channel settings.

For a cisco switch , I have a Sensor channel called "System Health Power Supplies" the shows 4 lines as there should be 4 power supplies. 2 of them are missing and I see alerts. the other 2 are shown as "normal". How can I disable alerting for the 2 lines that show the alerts? Actually I do not even want to monitor those 2 power supplies.

I have a second question please: this is the usual way to ask questions to the PRTG support team ?

Kind regards, Felix.

acknowledge alerts sensor-channel

Created on Oct 31, 2019 6:58:51 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Felix,

you can contact the Paessler support via email to [email protected]. In most cases it is even better to use PRTG itself, menu Setup / Contact Support, because this way you can include a package of logs ("support bundle") which often makes it easier to reply.

The PRTG architecture does not allow the direct deletion of sensor channels, but you can hide them: Click on the channel gauge to open the configuration of the channel. Select "Hide from tables" and "Hide from graphs".

Created on Oct 31, 2019 11:19:41 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.