What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Need to configure bandwidth speed sensor and VOIP sensor

Votes:

1. please let us know how to monitor whether the ISP links are giving us the Exact bandwidth or not.
2. How to set a threshold in case if the bandwidth gets reduced also want the PRTG to trigger us with alert mail in case the bandwidth is reduced.
3. How to configure VOIP sensor to monitor jitter, latency, delay.

My architecture

https://ibb.co/QpmCkBL

bandwidth-speed prtg-network-monitor voip-sensor

Created on Nov 1, 2019 12:31:43 PM

Last change on Nov 4, 2019 12:20:15 PM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

1.) When you create the Traffic sensor, you should see the exact traffic of the ISP links.
2.) You can setup a threshold trigger on the new created traffic sensor which will notify you when the bandwidth is below a desired limit. You can find more information about Trigger here and about Limits here.
3.) You can find more information about the QoS Round Trip Sensor here

Kind regards.

Created on Nov 4, 2019 8:04:53 PM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Marijan,

Thanks for the update, but however I wanted to monitor the speed limit promised by ISP, and if that goes down I need to get alert.

concern about speed not about traffic data !!

could some one help me on that.

please refer the diagram link.

Created on Nov 5, 2019 7:42:01 AM

Votes:

Hi,

Unfortunately we don't offer a native sensor to monitor these values, but you can setup an "EXE/Script Advanced" sensor, which is using the script that you can find here.
In here you can find all the needed information, to be able to monitor the desired values.

Kind regards

Created on Nov 5, 2019 11:33:38 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Marijan,

That is for server, am monitoring ISP links which is connected to the firewall interface.

Created on Nov 8, 2019 3:26:51 PM

Votes:

Hi Marshal,

Unfortunately I cannot help you further, as PRTG is currently not offering a sensor which could monitor the speed of an ISP.

Kind regards

Created on Nov 8, 2019 8:57:22 PM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.