What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to include a link to the sensor in an email notification ?

Votes:

Hello, I am using PRTG version 7.2.5.5114 and I want to insert a link to the sensor in the notification email from the server. In the email setup, I have configured the insertion of the link to the sensor by adding "%homesensor.htm?id=%sensorid" similar to PRTG version 17., but on version 7.2.5.5114 the sensor ID value incorrect return. I tried with the %sensor, %id, %idsensor, but all failed. Can someone tell me what to do?

email-notifications id sensor

Created on Nov 3, 2019 4:29:38 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello, i use this informations for using placeholders: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/373-what-placeholders-can-i-use-with-prtg

The placeholder "%linkdevice" is working fine for me so you should try to use "%linksensor".

Created on Feb 25, 2020 9:32:28 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.