What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Automate full Backup

Votes:

Hello,

As the PRTG solution grows more and more in our company and given the critical information it hosts, I would like to know if it is possible to automate the full backup (database and configuration)? If so, how? If not, do you have any third-party solutions?

Thank you in advance,

automation backup configuration-backup

Created on Nov 6, 2019 9:31:44 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Johny,

PRTG does daily backup its configuration automatically but if you want to backup your configuration beside all historic data, please have a look at this article.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Nov 6, 2019 9:53:44 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you Sebastian for your reactivity and your answer.

So if I understood correctly, to have a full backup of PRTG, I just have to move the backups of the folders: Auto-Backups configuration Logs Database Monitoring Database

With these three files, if ever a PRTG malfunction occurs, can I use its three files to put PRTG back into operational condition?

Best, Johny

Created on Nov 6, 2019 10:22:28 AM

Votes:

Hi Johny,

This two things are the most important things to backup as they contain the configuration and historic data. A full backup would also include the other folders stored under "%programdata%\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor".

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Nov 6, 2019 7:29:49 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.