What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HTTP Advanced sesnsor + NTLM authentication: bulk change user/pwd

Votes:

I have several HTTP Advanced sensors which use NTLM authentication. The credentials for NTLM authentication are configured in the sensor and can not be inherited (as far as I know). Recently a password change policy was implemented and now the credentials will change every few months or so.

The sensors are scattered over two remote probes and different device nodes in the GUI. I am looking for a solution to change the NTLM credentials of several HTTP Advanced sensors without doing it manually using the GUI.

Is the sensor configuration stored in files or in the database and can I change the NTLM credentials there? Other ideas for automation are welcome!

authentication http-advanced ntlm prtg

Created on Nov 7, 2019 2:07:09 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Christian,

There is indeed no centralized part in the database where this information can be stored. As you do not want to change it via the GUI, the third party PowerShell extension PrtgAPI might be the best way to automate this.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 8, 2019 7:01:06 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Felix,

thank you for your quick response. The PowerShell-way sounds promising, I will have a look at it!

Created on Nov 8, 2019 1:11:12 PM

Votes:

Hello all, I've had the same desire for a while now and found it unfortunate that we couldn't use the am wondering if anyone has implemented this or would have some sample code to get me started. I consider my PowerShell to be intermediate, have wrote a couple plugins, but never used the API. I may be able to figure it out, but am not to proud to ask for some advice and if someone may be willing to share their work.

Created on Sep 2, 2021 10:31:30 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.