What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Switching from 32 bit to 64 bit PRTG keeping my sensors

Votes:

I have moved my server to a higher server running 64 bit windows.

I notice the software still running is 32 bit. How can i switch to 64 bit as i am having RAM issue with the application.AND KEEP ALL MY SENORS ?

32bit-to-64-bit prtg snmp

Created on Nov 13, 2019 7:50:16 PM

Last change on Jun 17, 2021 8:33:24 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Actually, there is no separate 64Bit installer available, as we provide one universal installer. It decides upon the installed Operating System and the available RAM (>=6GB), whether to install the application as 32Bit or 64Bit application. Please note that only the Core Server will run as 64Bit. The Remote Probe will stay at 32Bit.

You can force PRTG to run as 64Bit even though you do not meet the requirements regarding the available RAM or if somehow the automatic installation of 64Bit did not work properly.

Please follow the instructions below:
- Switch to the "Service Start/Stop" tab and stop the PRTG Core and the PRTG Probe service
- Start command prompt as administrator
- Head to "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor"
- Run "PRTG Server.exe" /uninstall
- Head to the 64bit subfolder
- Run "PRTG Server.exe" /install
- Perform a full reboot of your Core server

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

[email protected]

Created on Nov 14, 2019 5:18:57 AM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Has anything changed with this upgrade process. I need to upgrade my core and remote servers to 64bit.

Upgrade the core first and then the remote ?

thanks

Created on May 11, 2021 8:03:05 PM

Votes:

Hello,

the process is the same, and probes are still always 32 bit services. The core server however can run a 64 bit service. This is now applied for any 64-bit Windows system (without checking for RAM capacity).

Created on May 12, 2021 12:29:14 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.