What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG - TAG sorting automatically

Votes:

I am using version 19.4.52.3515 and now some devices are automatically sorting the tags alphabetically. Example if I add the tags "WAN ALGAR" after saving it changes to "ALGAR WAN".

device tag tags

Created on Nov 19, 2019 1:20:47 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi brunindf,

Thank you for this post.

Please note that PRTG interprets words, separated with a space, as two tags. Therefore, PRTG will change the order alphabetically. If you want to have the tag "WAN ALGAR" I recommend to change it to "WAN_ALGAR". In this way, PRTG will interpret this as one word/tag.

Created on Nov 20, 2019 7:48:30 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It was working normally this way, it's two different things, in which case I can't join TAG, I have several automations that stopped working due to this change. Would it be possible to disable this automatic sorting?

Created on Nov 20, 2019 5:14:41 PM

Votes:

Hi brunindf,

Which certain PRTG version is currently installed and did you updated recently?

Created on Nov 21, 2019 9:46:29 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We are using version 19.4.52.3515 and have not updated recently, another strange thing is that this ordering is affecting only new devices and the old ones remain correct. We request support because we have some automations that are stalled due to this change. What version has this automatic sorting been implemented?

Created on Nov 21, 2019 4:18:46 PM

Votes:

Hi brunindf,

I checked the latest releases but can't find an entry. Therefore, I can't say when exactly the feature was added. However, the only possible way to add tag out of the alphabetical order is to already add them during the creation process.

Created on Nov 22, 2019 12:15:09 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.