What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Enterprise Console doesn't connect to PRTG core server anymore after updating PRTG. What can I do?

Votes:

After updating my PRTG installation from version 19.4.53 to version 19.4.54, the Enterprise Console does not automatically connect to the PRTG core server anymore. When I open the Enterprise Console, I get the error message

Server runs incompatible software version (19.4.54.xxx).

What can I do?

connection-error enterprise-console prtg update

Created on Nov 20, 2019 8:05:40 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Last change on Nov 20, 2019 8:08:37 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies as of PRTG 19.4.54.

Enterprise Console does not connect to the PRTG core server after PRTG update

Important notice: The Enterprise Console (EC) is unsupported and deprecated as of PRTG 19.4.53. As of PRTG 19.4.54, the EC installer is removed from PRTG.

We strongly recommend that you switch to PRTG MultiBoard, our new alternative interface that you can use to connect to multiple PRTG servers to manage your entire network.

For information on how to uninstall the EC, see How to uninstall the PRTG Enterprise Console from the PRTG Server.

The Enterprise Console (EC) might not automatically connect to the PRTG core server anymore when you update your PRTG installation to version 19.4.54. In this case, you get the error message

Server runs incompatible software version (19.4.54.XXXX).

If you get this error message and you still want to use the EC with PRTG version 19.4.54 (not recommended), see the following workarounds.

Workarounds for enabling the Enterprise Console to connect to the PRTG core server

Take the following steps to enable the EC to connect to the PRTG core server again:

1. Exit the EC.
  2. Exit the Windows tray by right-clicking the tray icon and clicking Exit.
  3. Run the EC again. The EC then successfully connects to the PRTG core server.

This approach might not always work, for example, when you run an offline installation of the EC. In this case, you need to run the PRTG Enterprise Console.exe file with the ignore flag. Take the following steps:

1. Exit the EC and the Windows tray as previously described.
  2. Right-click the PRTG Enterprise Console.exe file.
  3. Click Properties.
  4. Go to the Shortcut tab.
  5. In the Target field, add the ignore flag:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\PRTG Enterprise Console.exe" ignore
  6. Click OK.
  7. Run the EC again. The EC then successfully connects to the PRTG core server.

Created on Nov 20, 2019 8:15:46 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Last change on Jun 21, 2023 1:46:40 PM by  Jacqueline Conforti [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.