What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is PRTG have sensors for monitoring Docker & kubernetes

Votes:

Hi! PRTG Admin,

Is PRTG have sensors for monitoring Docker & kubernetes My company have plan to migrate app/web from VMware to Docker/kubernetes.

Thank you. Eric

docker prtg-network-monitor vmware

Created on Nov 21, 2019 7:44:33 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Please allow me to refer to the following articles:

Docker monitoring with PRTG
Docker Container Status Sensor

Is that what you are looking for?

As of now PRTG has no dedicated sensors or device templates to monitor Kubernetes, I'm afraid. Should Kubernetes offer some kind of API, then maybe you can monitor it using the REST Custom Sensor.

Kind Regards,
Timo Dambach
Paessler Tech Support

Created on Nov 21, 2019 12:12:22 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Dambach,

I have more question... 1. Is PRTG Network Monitor 19.2.50.2842 x64 version support for Docker? 2. Do you have manual or instruction to add docker sensor?

Thank you so much! Eric.

Created on Nov 26, 2019 7:23:20 AM

Votes:

Hello,

Yes, the sensor can be used in version 19.2.50.2842 x64. Please have a look at the "Remarks"-section at the mentioned manual entry. There you'll find the requirements for this sensor. Otherwise this sensor can be added like every other sensor. Please let me know if you need further assistance here.

Created on Nov 27, 2019 7:51:19 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.