What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Naming of OIDLib created sensors / what am I missing?

Votes:

Hi,

I've used the MIB importer a couple of times now and have set some "pretty" names Identification > Group+Name fields as well as Value > Indicator.

However, when creating sensors in PRTG, the sensor names are pretty much useless, it just ends up being "enterprises / {1-3}" for instance. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Am I missing something, how can one get better naming there out of the box?

oid oidlib snmp snmp-library

Created on Nov 22, 2019 7:32:43 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

I have the same problem. Did you solve this?

I created the sensor from a SNMP library.

Thanks in advance.

Created on Apr 16, 2020 2:34:22 PM

Votes:

I don't think it got solved :(

Created on Apr 17, 2020 6:30:11 AM

Votes:

If I understand you correctly, you want to have a more nicer Sensor name if you use the SNMP Customer Table Sensor or do you want to have the OIDs in the table during the creation of the Sensor translated?

Created on Apr 17, 2020 9:26:26 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Well, the former, thanks!

Created on Apr 17, 2020 10:27:29 AM

Votes:

Thank you for the update.

You can use placeholder like [rowidentifier] in the Sensor name setting. If you choose a column as a description as identifier, the Sensor will be named after the description.

Created on Apr 17, 2020 10:33:22 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.