What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

It is possible having two PRTG 100 free sensor servers inside a network?

Votes:

Hello,

In my scenario, I already have a PRTG 100 free sensors installed on one server. We purchased a surveillance system with 35 IP cameras and we want to monitor that too. It is possible installing another PRTG on different server and benefit of 100 free sensors?

Thank you in advance!

instances prtg two

Created on Nov 22, 2019 12:22:25 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hey micula,

thanks for your posting.

Feel free to activate a second free license on the second server. However, it is not possible to use the same license on two servers and each uses 50 free sensors only.

Regarding your surveillance system, I recommend to refer to the links below which address this topic:

Best regards,
Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Created on Nov 22, 2019 7:15:08 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

So I can have as many free license as I want?

If i install the free PRTG on five servers I can use 500 devices for free?

Thank you!

Created on May 25, 2020 10:39:56 AM

Votes:

Hi micula,

It's not really what we want you to do, but we can not prevent you from doing so.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on May 25, 2020 6:36:12 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.