What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I migrate from on premise PRTG to cloud PRTG

Votes:

I have been running a small installation of PRTG for some time, and have over a year's worth of data collected.

I'm looking at a licensed version of PRTG moving forward. My preference is for a hosted solution, but I need to migrate my historic data from the on premise installation of PRTG. I've found an article on moving between on premise installations but not on premise to cloud. Is this possible?

cloud local prtg-migrate

Created on Nov 25, 2019 6:34:13 AM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your interest in our cloud offering and question.

While a migration of a on-premises PRTG installation to PRTG Hosted Monitor is technically possible in most of all cases, not every on-premises PRTG installation qualifies for the migration to PRTG Hosted Monitor.

Please see the following knowledge base article to learn more about the migration process, the current guidelines and limitations:
Can I migrate my on-premises PRTG to PRTG Hosted Monitor?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Aug 3, 2022 10:10:04 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.