What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

extend pause for probe/group

Votes:

how can the pause be extended when a probe/group is paused?

downtime extend group pause probe prtg

Created on Nov 25, 2019 12:14:31 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid a pause cannot be extended directly. You can however resume the probe/group and directly pause it again afterwards with a higher maintenance window. PRTG also allows you to set recurring maintenance windows via schedules.

Kind Regards,
Timo Dambach
Paessler Tech Support

Created on Nov 25, 2019 1:32:28 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Timo, after some more testing/searching/reviewing I found the following:

PowerShell

There is a PowerShell module PrtgAPI which has the cmdlet "Pause-Object". Using this cmdlet it is possible to pause a PRTG device. Using the very same cmdlet one could also overwrite/update (aka "extend") the paused state of a device (and its sensors).

PRTG web interface

Using the extension/addon "Stylus" with my favourite browser and adding the following lines to the PRTG web interface the pause state of a paused sensor/device/group can be overwritten/updated (aka extended).

li.rootgroup.hideifpaused {
    display:block!important;
}

Question

For what reason (from a technical perspective) is the pause-menu hidden when a sensor/device/group is paused?

Created on Dec 2, 2019 8:13:27 PM

Votes:

Hi Guenther,

Thank you very much for sharing those information/workarounds!

I will forward this issue/feature-request to our development. Hopefully the pause-menu won't be hidden anymore soon. However, this pause-menu is already visible when using the multiedit.

Created on Dec 3, 2019 2:23:45 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.