What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Server with 169.254.x.x Adress?

Votes:

Hello Guys

I've tried to get the PRTG Server running when my Nic has a Ip in the range 169.254.x.x range. When i give the Nic another adress, ip shows up in the administrative tools and everything works fine, but with the zero conf ip adress the interface does not show up, access is not possible. Also if choose "any interface". It doens't make any difference if i assign the ip staticly or realy doing zero config. Please no discussion if zero config ip makes sense, i need it for educational reasons (yeah i also know i can ad a dhcp server). Thanks for your help to make it working.

169-254 server zero-config

Created on Dec 11, 2019 10:07:26 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Gemini2350,

the web server skips any address beginning with 169.254, that is correct. A zeroconf IP is not supported. In our tests the web server could not be reached, so we filter it out in order to only bind on normal IPs.

Created on Dec 12, 2019 12:55:25 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.