What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom HTML Works Sometimes

Votes:

I'm trying to add some text box labels to make my maps easier to read.

<style>h1 {  background-color:#282827; color: white; font-size: 400%;}</style>
<h1><strong></strong><p></p><center><strong>KT-SQL</strong></center></h1>

Its not a very complex bit of html and it was working for a bit. All of a sudden its no longer working. Outside of PRTG the code works as intended. Not sure what's going on with it.

html maps-editor prtg

Created on Dec 16, 2019 3:30:06 PM

Last change on Dec 17, 2019 8:04:28 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your question.

I just used your HTML code above and entered it within a Custom HTML map object in the "HTML Before" section and it worked right away. You can find the map object at the very end of the right sided Properties Tree when accessing the Map designer.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Dec 17, 2019 8:07:43 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That was the thing. It would work but then it would just stop. I think I figured it out though by having the text I want in one custom HTML box and all the modifiers in their own box. It seems like the custom HTML boxes are talking to each other and that it might of been a conflict caused by the communication between them.

Created on Dec 17, 2019 1:52:16 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.