What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disable password autofill on "Notification Template" page

Votes:

Hello Paessler,

Some of our engineers have browser password autofill extentions to log in on websites, like PRTG. Could you disable accepting input on the "Notification Template" page from Password managers? We launch an executable that sends an SMS with parameters. This works excellent. However if some engineers change or create a notification template, the Username and Password fields are automatically filled. These are not valid parameters for the executable resulting in no SMS messages send (and no notification of this change, since it is automatic and without user input).

I understand it is an issue on the user side, however it does have far reaching consequences.

Thanks,

autofill disable notification password template

Created on Dec 16, 2019 3:52:52 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Rene,

I'm afraid this cannot be suppressed, I have observed the same thing as well even without 3rd party password managers, the "onboard password management" of most browsers stumbles over the same thing and yes, it can be pretty annoying to be honest. On the other hand, those are "sensible fields"/"classic credential fields" , which makes password managers recognize them like "Hey, I have matching credentials for that" and simply auto-fill their stuff into them without asking.....PRTG on the other hand requires those fields to be flagged like that, as this will result in those fields getting encrypted in PRTG's configuration file.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Dec 17, 2019 12:58:30 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.