What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Apply only Template

Votes:

Hello,

I have added close to a hundred devices I checked the sensors and finally got a selection of what sensors i want on the devices. Is there a way to add this selection to every device? Now when using a device template it adds more than 40 useless other sensors i dont need, and have to delete them manually. Any of you know?

device device-template template

Created on Dec 19, 2019 3:19:11 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Have you created your own device template here?

An autodiscovery with a device template tries to add the sensors that are included in the template. If there are multiple ones of the same sensor type all of those will get added.

Another possibility would be simply cloning the device and change the corresponding DNS name. Please note, that a meta scan is needed for some sensors to get an identifier. Those wont work when cloning.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Dec 20, 2019 2:21:36 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The problem with both options is as soon as you either apply the template or clone it with a diffrent dns/ip it automatically goes to auto discovery, and then adds all the not needed sensors instead of the one's i need

Created on Dec 23, 2019 7:41:14 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

This should not happen. Is there maybe an autodiscovery configured on a group above? Please make sure to disable this or interrupt the inheritance.

Kind regards,

Created on Dec 23, 2019 10:42:44 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Checked it and it is on: ''No autodiscovery''

Created on Dec 23, 2019 11:49:24 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

I think this issue is easier to handle via mail. Please send a mail to [email protected] and explain your issue again.

Please also provide the information we checked here.

Kind regards,

Created on Dec 23, 2019 1:32:29 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.