What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Problem with SNMP Cisco router

Votes:

I have a problem with one of cisco router, snmp sensors changes status from warning to up with every request.
For example,

20.12.2019 8:48:52	System Health CPU	Up	
4 %
20.12.2019 8:39:06	System Health CPU	Warning	
No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003)
20.12.2019 8:29:07	System Health CPU	Up	
4 %
20.12.2019 8:29:06	System Health CPU	Warning	
No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003)
20.12.2019 6:59:13	System Health CPU	Up	
5 %

Ping sensor is ok, but all snmp sensors have the same behavior. I tried to recreate sensors and device, but the problem presents

cisco no-response snmp

Created on Dec 20, 2019 6:48:38 AM

Last change on Dec 20, 2019 12:51:32 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi there,

Since it seems that every second scan fails here, maybe the device is having issues to those requests in time I would recommend to try a higher scanning interval and a higher SNMP timeout in the device settings.

Please let us know if the issue persists afterwards.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Dec 20, 2019 4:00:00 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.