What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Free storage space on IBM i (As400)

Votes:

Hi,

I just give a try to PTRF network monitor. On my actual monitoring (nagios based), i modify a snmp sensor storage to give me an accurate value of OID storage.

1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.5.1 = "640898972"

To have the correcte storage in byte i have to multiply the result by 4069.

How can i achieve this in PRTG with custom sensor ?

Thank You

ibm-i snmp storage

Created on Dec 26, 2019 1:52:11 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

You can use the SNMP Custom Sensor for this. You also have the option to enter a multiplication factor in order to calculate the correct value.

Created on Dec 26, 2019 3:04:01 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok Thank you,

IBM i give two snmp value : Storage space and Used space

how can i obtain the same result as snmp storage linux :

Global Space Used Space

and from this two value get the percentage of free space and put an alarm when free space is low.

I know i can do it via option, but if i add disk space i have to modify the value in the sensor.

Created on Dec 26, 2019 4:44:19 PM

Votes:

You may need to use the SNMP Custom Advanced Sensor in combination with the Sensor Factory Sensor. The first one can't do calculations on the channels, but you can do so in the Sensor Factory Sensor. In this case, SNMP Custom acts as a simple data source for the Factory Sensor and all calculations, notifications and so on are triggered by the Factory Sensor.

Created on Dec 27, 2019 7:19:22 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.