What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Schedule one per month

Votes:

Hello,

I supervise acronis backups using the imap sensor. For one of my backups, it is done only once a month, on the last day of the month. Is it possible to do this type of planning?

backup-monitoring imap-sensor scheduled-task

Created on Dec 27, 2019 10:13:57 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

And thank you for your post.

Do you want the IMAP sensor to perform a scan only on the last day of the month? Do you want the sensor to be paused in between scans, or do you want it to be in "Up" state?

Created on Dec 27, 2019 12:15:41 PM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I'd like the sensor to be in the up state and only scan once a month. I'm thinking that if not, I can check the age of the email by choosing 744 hours (31 days)?

Created on Dec 27, 2019 3:03:30 PM

Votes:

Hello,

Unfortunately, the longest scanning interval that can be entered for a sensor is 10 days. So you would need to look for a alternative, for example check the age of the email (like you have mentioned).

Created on Dec 30, 2019 7:59:17 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.