What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

What makes the cluster node reconnect automatically?

Votes:

I'm using PRTG with cluster.

I found that the status of cluster kept on repeating 'disconnected' and 'connected'.

The cluster node has restarted the connection randomly on the cluster log in the cluster node(failover node).

What makes the cluster node reconnect automatically?

Is there a condition to restart the connection ?

I have confirmed that there are no problems with the Network Connection.

cluster failover-cluster failovercluster network

Created on Jan 2, 2020 12:19:26 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for the post! There are multiple reasons why a Probe disconnects. If you have confirmed that no firewall, ACL or security software block the traffic, a time sync could be also the source.
In the case that the Core Server and the Probe have not the same time, PRTG tries to adjust this. If this fails, a possible result is that the TCP connection is dropped.

Other reasons could be:

• Wrong Access Keys
  • IP is listed in the "Deny IPs" list (Setup > System Administration > Core & Probes)
  • Wrong PRTG Version installed
  • NPCAP Loopback Adapter (this network adapter is sometimes installed and used by the Probe for the Core connection. Since it's a loopback adapter, this will never success)

However, to take a closer look at your issue, I would recommend to open a case. Therefore, please write an email to [email protected]. Please mention this KB article (via an link) or the case number "PAE1292966" in your email.

Created on Jan 2, 2020 8:38:00 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.