What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Which Sensor should I use???

Votes:

I am trying to monitor a site which has different nodes if you will. The data i receive from the site looks like this..

{
  "ace" : {
    "healthy" : true
  },
  "deadlocks" : {
    "healthy" : true

I want to show if "ace" is true then the sensor is green. I was using the HTML XML/Rest Sensor but when one goes down they all show internal error 500. Am I using the right sensor? can anyone offer any advice?

notifications prtg sensor xml

Created on Jan 7, 2020 5:38:47 PM

Last change on Jan 8, 2020 5:46:27 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,

If you're abel to create a script for your query, then I would recommend to create the EXE/Script Advanced sensor to monitor the desired information. You can find more information about this sensor here.

Kind regards

Created on Jan 8, 2020 10:52:34 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.