What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Password change doesnt seem to work

Votes:

I'm a new user and struggling to get my password to work. Using the guidance of special characters wasnt very clear, I only used recommended chars but couldnt get it to accept them reliably even after multiple validations. Narrowed my use to only 3 special chars and it took the input.

When it finally accepted the password, I had copied it in from password safe and verified I save it correctly. I used the link from email to verify the account. First login attempt failed. Verified I was pasting correct password by pasting to text file, no help. I used password recovery, the new assigned password did not work. Second try worked. Updated the password to unique, saved it in password safe. Being very careful with copy/paste, logged out and updated password did not work. Password recovery took two more tries to work. For now I'm keeping the system assigned password until I get some guidance.

Am I doing something wrong?

password-not-working password-recovery password-special-characters

Created on Jan 8, 2020 6:30:21 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Did you try to change the prtgadmin password or the password of another user account? The password can be changed at "Setup > Account Settings > My Account". The password must be at least 8 characters long, must contain a number, and a capital letter. Please note that leading and trailing whitespaces are clipped.

If the issue persist, please send us a support bundle containing the log files from PRTG after the login failed at least once, so we can take a closer look. For this, please open the support dialog "Contact Support" in the lower right corner of the WebUI and refer to this article.

Kind Regards,
Timo Dambach
Paessler Tech Support

Created on Jan 9, 2020 3:00:42 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.