What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Raspberry Pi as Network Monitor

Votes:

I'm setting up a datacenter and I want to have a system of LEDs that change colour according to the statuses of various devices on the network. For example, if a PRTG sensor detects something (eg. high temp) a certain LED changes from green to red. When I search Raspberry Pi PRTG, all I find is solutions to use physical sensors (temperature etc.) on the Raspberry Pi, to be monitored of the PRTG Web Interface etc. I rather want to do the opposite, change control the GPIO pins on the Pi, based on the status of PRTG sensors on other devices on the network. How would this be possible?

prtg raspberry-pi status

Created on Jan 11, 2020 11:44:13 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your question.

There is no direct tutorial for a Raspberry Pi LED but with internal PRTG notifications you are either able to trigger a HTTP Action or execute a program that triggers a certain action for instance.
Alternative plugin and done methods can be found here.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Jan 14, 2020 6:28:44 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.