What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Map access

Votes:

Dears,

I have created some Maps with administrator account. Now when I create user with only read privilege they cant see the map if they see the map it is not active.

could you please provide how to give users access to the active maps?

your support is highly appreciate it.

maps prtg user

Created on Jan 15, 2020 10:39:59 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

In the Settings for the map, you need to enable Public Access. Then, you should be able to give your users one of the two links in the Get HTML tab. The first link will ask them to log into PRTG, and the second will take them straight to the map.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Jan 16, 2020 5:51:11 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Dear Benjamin

Thanks for your replay I have already done the above without any result, but I figure it. from the root devices the users also should have permission to access the device change the status to read fix it all.

Thanks again for your quick replay

Shaho

Created on Jan 16, 2020 6:47:10 AM

Votes:

Shaho,

What happens when they try to access the map URL? Which URL are you using? The one with or without authentication? Have you made any changes to the Access Rights of the map in the Settings tab?

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Jan 17, 2020 2:52:56 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Benjamin,

I have created a map with no public access. created a user which should only see the map, but when he access the map the state was static with no activity. the Solution was I had to give the user access to the root of the devices so as to see the activities if they are online or offline that solved the issue. the map access had nothing with my issue even tried to change the access rights with no change but the root device access solved the issue.

Regards Shaho

Created on Jan 19, 2020 6:09:18 AM

Votes:

Shaho,

Yes, you are right. If you are logged in, it will use the security context of this user and so the user needs to have access to the used object. If you are not logged in it will user the security context of the map settings.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Jan 21, 2020 9:27:35 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.