What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Getting 401 unauthorized when using PRObject.exe from CMD

Votes:

Hi,

We have a requirement to pause sensors from command line. As read in the previous KB posts, I found out there is a utility tool for cmd line named PRObject.exe. However, when I am connecting it the PRTG server, it gives the below error:

C:\Windows>PRObject.exe -u=removed_by_admin -un=removed_by_admin -admin -pw=removed_by_admin -id=7463 -a=p18.3.1.7

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Please note that I am generating this passhash from the PTF passhash tool itself. I am not using the native PRTG passhash for the account.

Could you please help me with this?

cmd pausing probject sensors

Created on Jan 17, 2020 9:30:13 AM

Last change on Jan 17, 2020 1:05:08 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello Ankan,

As you can read here PRObject.exe was not developed by us and I can't really tell whether or not this tool still works. This also counts for the PRTG Passhash Tool. Both is developed by prtgtoolsfamily.com.
Please check whether or not the approach described in the article might help to solve the situation. Otherwise try using the command locally and also consider to contacting the developer for further analysis.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Jan 17, 2020 1:21:22 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 17, 2020 1:21:30 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Ankan,

Please make sure to use the exact same url for the -u= parameter as you use in your webbrowser when connecting to your PRTG server (including HTTPS:// when HTTPS is used).

You can start by using the plaintext password, if that works switch to the passhash.

Sensors | Multi Channel Sensors | Tools | Notifications

Kind regards,

[[http://prtgtoolsfamily.com]] PRTG Tools Family

Created on Jan 21, 2020 1:10:44 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.